Preparing your home for the changing season is incredibly important for the safety of your home. Here in Minnesota, the Autumn season is beautiful, but comes with some challenges. Follow this checklist to ensure that your home is prepared for Fall! We keep a comprehensive list of vendors who can help with home repair and maintenance related needs. If you need advice in this area please give us a call and let us know how we can help. We would love to be able to point you in the right direction. Educating our clients on home ownership and keeping their properties in top condition is important to us. The better maintained and cared for that your property is, the higher price it will fetch if and when you decided to sell.
Checklist For Fall:
- Clean and Inspect Gutters
- Turn Off Outdoor Faucets and Bring In Hoses
- Blow Out Sprinkler System
- Cover or Bring in Patio Furniture
- Gas Up and Test All Winter Equipment (Snowblower, etc.)
- Restock Winter Essentials Such as Salt and Ice Melt
- Check Foundation for Holes Where Mice Could Enter
- Inspect Masonry and Concrete for Cracks Inspect and Sweep Chimney (Unless Swept in the Spring)
- Ensure Furnace is Functioning Safely and Properly (And Change the Filter While You're At It!
- Test Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Reverse Ceiling Fans